Even though Punjab is only a part of India, there are lots of things to do and see there. Make sure you have enough time to explore and get to know the punjabi culture.
1. Dip your toes in the holy water of The Golden Temple at 5 AM in the morning.
2. Get inspired by Nek Chand’s work at Rock Garden, Chandigarh.
3. Enjoy the sunset at Sukhna Lake and take a little boat tour.
4. Watch the lowering of the flags ceremony at Wagah Border between India and Pakistan.
5. Eat vegetarian food in local punjabi restaurants.
6. Go for a walk in the Garden of Silence in the evening.
7. Shop local spices, scarves, and shoes in shops like FabIndia.
8. Visit the Open Hand Monument of Chandigarh.
9. Get to know the locals and let them tell you about the tradition of wearing a turban.
10. Drive a tuk tuk through the crowded streets of Punjab.